Probably the most common way to make liver is to roll the slices in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper then fry with onions in oil just until browned and tender. But children often find liver hard to eat this way, so I was pleased when I came across this recipe that even the children love!
- 1 lb. beef liver
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons light cream or milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Use a food processor to chop liver and onion very fine.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Mixture will be very moist.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons into a skillet containing 3 tablespoons hot oil (coconut oil is what we prefer–-olive oil will work too)
- Fry until nicely browned on both sides. Serve.
Children love this with ketchup!
The Farmer's Wife