- Place a large skillet on the burner to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk 8 eggs in a bowl.
- Slice off a chunk of butter (about 2 Tbsp.) and put it in the hot skillet to melt.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the skillet and cook on medium heat.
- Shake sea salt and pepper over top to suit your taste.
- While the eggs are cooking, layer 1 cup cheese, a sprinkle of crumbled bacon and optional sautéed onions over the top.
- Cover the skillet and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until the egg layer is set (the surface will stay a little runny because of all that great melted cheese).
- Run a knife along the edge to loosen any places where the egg might be stuck tight to the skillet and then use a turner to flip the entire egg layer in half (it's ok if you just had some cheese slide out... that's normal) If the layer seems too big to flip all at once, cut the circle in half, then flip each piece in half separately so you have 2 quarters rather than a semicircle when you're done.
- Cut the semi-circle of into 4 omelet wedges (or each quarter into 2 wedges) and remove from heat.
Go ahead! Serve them immediately... Your family can hardly wait! At least, that's how my brothers act whenever they know I'm making these deluxe omelets. :)