(recipe from Oasis at Bird-in-Hand)
These kale chips are super healthy and a great alternative to buttery popcorn when watching a movie!
Recipe type: Appetizer, Kale
- 1 bunch of kale, washed, dried, and stems removed
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes (use ⅛ tsp. if you are not big on spice!)
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste (be sparse on the salt, trust me.)
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Cut or tear the kale into smaller pieces so the chips are not huge. Spread them out onto a baking sheet. Pour the melted coconut oil over the kale and massage until all kale leaves are covered. Sprinkle on the garlic, red chili flakes, ginger, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, and then give them a toss. Continue cooking until crispy, 5-10 minutes.